If you haven’t been in the store lately, you may not know that we have a new drum teacher! Edward, or Ed, McPherson is an intelligent and talented drummer. He’s been a drummer since he was 12 years old. He currently performs with several local groups as both a drummer and a composer.
His band Marvel Prone released their second album (the first to feature his playing!) “She Hits Me” on May 1, 2020.
Besides frequent performances at seacoast venues such as The Stone Church, Edward has also performed at well known New England music festivals icluding UNH Solarfest and the Trichomes’ Trichomania, as well as lesser known events such as Hellfest in Lebanon, ME, and Freedomfest in Durham, NH.
Ed is currently taking private students of all ages and experiences through North Conway Music Center. Give us a call at (603) 356-3562 to find out more about a lesson with Ed!
It can be super hard to pick out gifts for a musician, especially if it’s someone who has been playing for a while. Don’t worry, we here at NCMC are ready to help you pick out something they’re sure to love. In the meantime, we pulled together each of our Top 5 Buys this holiday season, just to help you out a little 😉
- Blackstar IDCORE Amplifier; One amplifier that does it all–Six voicings from crystal clear clean up to all-out distortion, reverb, delay and modulation, headphone jack for silent jamming, plus it’s small and lightweight.
- Gator Brand Cases; Protect your instrument while transporting your guitar to gigs, jam sessions or lessons. They’re super-lightweight, yet very durable.
- Behringer U-Phoria Audio Interface; Record directly into your computer! With both Instrument (1/4″) and Mic (XLR) inputs. Plus… (insert drumroll) phantom power!
- Any Ukulele; They’re easy to learn, inexpensive, extremely portable, and tons of fun.
- John Pearse Acoustic Guitar Strings; These strings are wound under more tension, and gives a boost to your mids for a full, rich, harmonic sound. Comes in Phosphor Bronze or 80/20 Bronze.
- Mackie 8-Channel Mixer; This little guy comes with me anytime I’m playing out, and sits set up in my music space. Small, kick butt, and equipped with the Onyx preamps to give you more quality channels. Plus, it’s Mackie 😉
- ChopSavers Chapstick; This isn’t just chapstick, it’s a brass and woodwind player friendly alternative to most chapsticks, which contain Camphor oil, that breaks down the calluses you need to play these instruments!
- Locally Made Face Mask; Lucky for you, we have stylish, comfortable, music-printed face masks in! They come in adult and kid sizes, so they make the perfect stocking stuffer.
- Union Station Instrument Cases; These bad boys are not only inexpensive, they’re lightweight, durable, and protective. They even come with pockets and storage compartments for all your accessories!!
- Instrument Ornament; These guys make the perfect gift for any musician. They can be used on a Christmas tree, or, if you’re like me and have multiple, you can hang it on your bulletin board at work, or from your rear-view mirror!! Music Pins are in the same venue, and I have some of those everywhere.
- Double-Ended Oboe/Bassoon Swabs; They don’t leave fuzz behind when swabbing, and if they ever get stuck you have another end to pull it out with!
- Music Printed Tie; It’s always a good backup to have when going into a performance situation. Even if you lend it to another player.
- Gift of a Two-Month Rental; Give your friend/colleague/family member the gift of trying out an instrument they always talk about playing.
- Wooden Hanging Ukulele; You see them all around the exterior of our store. Now own a masterpiece of work and paint! You can even buy a blank one and paint it yourself!
- A Secret Repair; Bring their instrument in and have it worked on by us and held until Christmas. Or, schedule a time period for a repair and have it back before they know it’s gone!
Whether you’re buying for someone who’s a seasoned player, or never played before, we have you covered. Come on in today to find all of these wonderful items and so many more.
Music Educators all over are being tested more than ever before. You guys truly are superheroes, but being one can take its toll. Check out this cool article from NAMM U (National Association of Music Merchandisers University) talking about how to maintain a good head space so you can help your students be their best.